Veteran owned/ex-smokejumper GFC frame bag manufacturer

Thanks for all the input. I have ordered materials and will be getting prototypes out there as soon as I can.

Keep the ideas coming.

Tim

Hi Tim. You said keep the ideas coming. The bags that are in existence now use magnets to mount on the steel V1 GFC camper bars. Makes them easy to take out and reinstall. Not suggesting you copy, but that concept seems solid for the V1. There was another comment about using the front camper space on either side of the window for bags as that space is difficult to utilize. Thatā€™s what Iā€™m interested in b/c I use the side doors to access gear all the time. Not sure Iā€™d like gear bags blocking my side access. I believe many other GFC owners would agree about keeping the side access open. Anyway, canā€™t wait to see what you come up with. Let me know if you need any other help. I have a 2019 Tacoma access cab with long bed (6 ft) / V1 GFC with the embassy hinge upgrade.

Peace, brother.

2 Likes

I totally agree. Have a V2 on order for 2014 Ram, and Iā€™d like the idea of bags at the front of the camper. Iā€™ll be following this threat to see what comes about.

Cheers

Tim,

I am interested in using the front camper space ā€œtrianglesā€ adjacent to the GFC window for storage also. I got a Chevy Colorado and if you need measurements for that space I can provide, I donā€™t know if that space varies by make and model of truck?

On another note, there might be a market for some kind of ā€œboot bagā€ or ā€œshoe bagā€ for clipping/snapping onto/off an external ladder for accessing the tent for taking the shoes off/on before getting in/out of the tent. Itā€™s something I have been looking for, the best solution I can come up with is just using a dry sack. I was thinking some kind of webbing/strap with a plastic buckle that can snap around the ladder rungs and a bag that zips up or cinches up? Weather resistant material.

Thanks,
Matt

1 Like

Did you know what youā€™re looking for already exists. Just like everything being discussed here it already exists itā€™s just a little pricey but super quality. Thatā€™s the only reason why I havenā€™t bought those other bags. VRNCLR. It will be interesting to see what Tim comes up with though.

3 Likes

I am excited to see what these end up like. If they innovate then awesome and I am excited and happy to support.

Matt,

Copy all. Thanks for the input. Materials are on order.

Regarding the shoe bag: something that hangs on the top rung of the ladder and closes up, weatherproof?

Thanks for the input.
Tim

1 Like

Howdy,

Yes I saw his equipment. Looks well made. My background is in life saving equipment: parachutes, harnesses, firefighting line gear, things that get thrown from aircraft etc. My goal is to build long lasting equipment that is highly functional while not having a price tag that is considered to most as outrageous. I think everyone in this forum understands getting what you pay for: the GFC is not cheap.

Take care and standby for more.

Tim

1 Like

Morning,

Iā€™m still looking for tacoma short bed, v1 and v2 measurements. If anyone can provide these, a discount awaits. Thank you.

Tim

Tim,

Exaclty, top of the ladder and water proof.

Thanks!

I want some for the sides! 2019 Tacoma long bed.

VRNCLR, I agree, look like good quality. The price makes me want to vomit. I just canā€™t throw $$ away.

Peace.

3 Likes

Did that eyelet attachment that you have the ā€œSā€ snap hook attached to come with your V2 or did you buy it somewhere? My V1 came with 5/16 holes in the pipes that I bought eye bolts for, but this seems more like what I was trying to do.

That is correct, 3rd gen short bed

Those are Canyon Dancer Tiedown Strap Rings https://www.amazon.com/Canyon-Dancer-Tiedown-Strap-Rings/dp/B0068ESQTY

Not cheap but definitely worth it.

You should have an email from me for the v2 3rd gen too

@Rising Thanks for the link for those tiedown rings. Iā€™m curious about the button head fastener in the frame tube thereā€¦ what does it hold together? No issues with removal and re-install?

Thanks! Definitely better than the eye bolts for holding a load at 90 degrees.

No issue whatsoever, those screws in the frame tube are meant for mounting points.

In v2 they have rubber washers behind them that work perfectly for this.

Update,

Materials are in. Fire season started a little earlier than expected this year so I wonā€™t have prototypes for a few weeks. Worst case I plan to get after it this fall.

Thanks for the patience,

Tim

3 Likes