What have you done to your GFC this week

Have been working on my drawer build out. Started with a 3/4” base of Baltic birch. I used Herculiner bed liner (aerosol) to seal the bottom and sides of the base.

I am using 3/4” sanded pine plywood for the outer perimeter of the ‘box’ and the drawer will be constructed with 1/2” as well as the deck/lid.

The smaller box in the front/right corner will be home to a 100ah lipo, victron solar controller, 1000w psw inverter, fuse block, and other misc electricals. I will be running 2x 150w panels on the GFC roof.

The interior of the box will be polyurethaned to seal and the outer will be bed liner but instead of the spray I plan to use a roller. Was not happy with the spray and the roller should be quicker to apply and also have a thicker coat.

6 Likes

Looking good, how heavy is that going to be though?

@Dogandagladiator Should be heavy enough. The rear suspension favors the weight anyway. I didn’t plan for it to be light and didn’t think using all 1/2” would have been strong enough. Time will tell.

1 Like

I would think so too. 1/2” would be weak I’d guess!

Finally received my Topper after a 6mo wait! Going to start building out the interior now.

4 Likes

Made some decent progress on the solar build.

I had to order 4 more t-slot studs from GFC to mount the second panel to the beef bars…hopefully they will be here this week so I can wrap this all up.

Notched out some 1/8" angle aluminum to bolt to the bottom of the beef bars

I decided to use rivets to attach the panels to the mounting brackets…one less thing to rattle loose off road

I cut the 1/4" plywood based on the template I’d made and covered it with carpet

Then it was time for some liquid courage

Now I’m committed

Since I was already drilling holes in things I swapped the step bit for a hole saw to cut some holes for switches

This is how it was looking at dinner time

After dinner I mounted the relay for the compressor and cleaned up the wiring…I need to run the power from the midi fuse to the fuse panel still

I was planning to run more of the wiring behind the panel but with the short runs of wire for most of it the only thing behind the panel is the switch for the compressor on the bottom and I’ll work on the wiring for the top switch to the interior lights later this week

I used an Anderson plug for the solar so it can be disconnected easily and I have the option to easily plug in a solar blanket or run an extension to the trailer to charge it if needed

6 Likes

Looks awesome. I can’t wait to replace my flexible panels with some hard panels like yours. Gonna tackle it once my next flexible panel fails.

Interested in your mount for the fan and if it interferes with the fabric when closed.

I bought some of these from Amazon and have them in the tent and bed area.

Tie Downs

Just use a mini carabiner to hang the fan, and no issues closing the tent with the tie downs left in.

1 Like

I was originally going to use the flexible panels but didn’t want to glue them to the top of the GFC and then I saw people getting reduced charging from them due to heat.

I ended up with a dual sided panel that is supposed to get some additional gain from reflected light hitting the cells on the back side of the panel too.

2 Likes

Thank you!!!

1 Like

What have I done to my GFC this week? Betrayed it :cry: I got a deposit for it. But at least I know it is going to the right person, and it’s about to go on many more adventures. I am excited for the young guy.

2 Likes

Rude!!! Haha jk i’m sure you will enjoy your next setup! PS I think I messaged on a post if you could provide some information on your color panels and that setup. I dig the black panels.

1 Like

The ceiling that I wrapped?

your solar

Those are Ecoflow 100 watts panels.

1 Like

How did you like them?

Very good. Spent all summer in the sun and not an issue. Make sure you use the super 90.

Building up a 200AH battery bank to connect to solar panel and main battery for charging.
Updated my solar panel to a CIGS one as well.

2 Likes

Some more work to the drawer build. Used roll-on bedliner (Herculiner) for the exterior. What a mess…. I would stick to the aerosol can even if it’s more expensive, it was less of a hassle.

Started to figure out how to fit 10lbs of s#it in a 5lb box. Just waiting for the large battery cable to start my runs.
Lined the interior of the drawer box/enclosure with poly. Have a few more days of paint/dry/sand/paint.

Also, somewhere on this forum I saw that someone had posted some cable management that kind of looked like a snake…best way I could describe it.
It was NOT the traditional plastic or nylon loom.
I need to figure out a way to cover/sheath my fridge cable and have it RETRACT so it does not get caught or bunched up behind the plug. Thanks for the help!

3 Likes