What have you done to your GFC this week

The carpet is a BedRug, the one that covers the tailgate and sides of your box. They are truck specific. I siliconed the edges and corners to make sure it was fully sealed from dust before installing. The bottom is already pre-grooved to match the grooves in the truck box. I didn’t put anything additional on the bottom as it’s plenty thick and soft. The sides use adhesive Velcro to hold it in place and there was a couple spots near the tailgate I added an upholstery screw to make sure it stayed put. I just built my cabinets right on top of it so it’s not creaky.

Overall the Bedrug was one of the best mods IMO. It fits great, seals dust, hides wires and really makes it nice and soft to move around in the truck. It’s the same carpet you see on boats so it’s fine to wash and it dries quickly.

4 Likes

Thanks @Chuck.D and for the additional tips to seal and secure.

Another +1 for the Cast freetour before we pivot off this subject.

4 Likes

Great Yakima-GFC build, and great description!

1 Like

From a roaming Badger prof…

Loving the Bucky Badger 5hp mod!

2 Likes

Test-fitting new Martin Offroad rack just in time to pull the GFC for the winter. The 2.6 gallon Wavians fit well. Install will likely have to wait till the spring.

10 Likes

@Ronmastas Is the app Shapr3D?

1 Like

@tuckjack, That it is! Scaniverse for LIDAR and Shapr3D for CAD. I’m impressed with this low-cost solution for what it is.

1 Like

@Ronmastas Thanks for the info on the LIDAR app. I was wondering what you used on that front.

Great setup. What truck is that?

You mind sharing some photos on how you made that bench and it it is all set up? I kinda dig it. Good place for the wolf packs too.

Testing options for adding humidity with the dry air from the diesel heater. Also, for getting rid of humidity for drying out ski gear.

3D printed a mount for the heater fuel tank.

Added Marine Grade fuel quick disconnect to be able to fill tank outside of car. Quick break works but there is a little dribble of fuel to be expected when breaking connection.

Added fuse distribution panel and CO detector.

Edit for grammer

3 Likes

I can’t remember if you said this or not. Did you drill the bed to run exhaust out?

I drilled mine in the bed cubby and ran it out that way it isn’t a hole in your actual bed.

@pnwmountaineer Yeah, in my situation, mounting through the floor was the best option for a 1st gen Tacoma. I used a Webasto base mount flange I bought from Sure Marine. Combustion exhaust, intake(needs to be mounted outside), and fuel line are routed outside.

I used a 1" hole saw and drilled the 4x corners, then dremeled with a cutoff wheel. Excuse the cut quality, i ended up filing it smooth after.

Webasto base mount flange. It has a thick foam around the perimeter and seals with the bed floor having ribs. In addition, I also added RTV near the cut hole to stop moisture from collecting. Then, used HVAC tape so i can clean the bed easily without things catching on the flange edges.

3 Likes

Added a shore power plug to keep the Anker 767 charged

10 Likes

That is clean! Assuming you have slack on the inside still to fully open the side hatch?

Yep, plenty of length to fully open side

1 Like

Wood Stove Install:

19 Likes

Nice! What model stove? Looking at heating options and that looks pretty legit