What have you done to your GFC this week

I went back and looked at the pics of your rack and they look identical to mine. Shouldn’t be a problem to flush mount.

1 Like

Are you able to move the rubber to access the bolts to tighten them from the top? That was the one thing I didn’t check. definitely a cleaner look to have them flush.

Maybe they aren’t the same then. The rubber on mine didn’t extend the entire length, both the bolts are exposed. Should be easy to trim the rubber and expose the bolt head though, I would think anyways.

1 Like

LIDAR scanned part of my bed and designing some interior layouts. All work done on an Ipad :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Made a couple of minor improvements to the setup. I have a winter mod list I will be working on.

• Added a Dometic slider to the cooler. Now beer is even easier to reach! I also made a few “structural” improvements to support both the drawer and the cooler fully extended.

• Improved the stealth camping mode. Added drawer supports that hold it open. The square cushion and the rectangle cushion fit in to make a flat 6’4” bed. It should do in a pinch when I am solo.

16 Likes

Sir,
You have skills! That is one fantastic layout.
Cheers!

I finished up my dual battery setup, and added a Renogy monitor, so i can see what’s coming in and whats being drawn.

8 Likes

Has anyone found a roof rack that fits a 2018 tundra crew cab with a GFC? Sherpa makes one for the crew max but not the crew cab. Thanks in advance!

For ski storage I put Yakima racks on round bars, on both sides. Easily carry 6 or so sets of skis depending on width, or a mix of skis and snowboards. I typically stand on my rear tire to get them on/off. The round bars extend past the the sides by a couple inches so it’s a nice grab handle to help getting up and down. I just have to remember to not do it in ski boots!

1 Like

good idea! I need to just suck it up and put my skis on top lol.

@Chuck.D great set up! What did you use for flooring (underneath the carpet) to even the floor? Did you use a type of adhesive to install?

The carpet is a BedRug, the one that covers the tailgate and sides of your box. They are truck specific. I siliconed the edges and corners to make sure it was fully sealed from dust before installing. The bottom is already pre-grooved to match the grooves in the truck box. I didn’t put anything additional on the bottom as it’s plenty thick and soft. The sides use adhesive Velcro to hold it in place and there was a couple spots near the tailgate I added an upholstery screw to make sure it stayed put. I just built my cabinets right on top of it so it’s not creaky.

Overall the Bedrug was one of the best mods IMO. It fits great, seals dust, hides wires and really makes it nice and soft to move around in the truck. It’s the same carpet you see on boats so it’s fine to wash and it dries quickly.

4 Likes

Thanks @Chuck.D and for the additional tips to seal and secure.

Another +1 for the Cast freetour before we pivot off this subject.

4 Likes

Great Yakima-GFC build, and great description!

1 Like

From a roaming Badger prof…

Loving the Bucky Badger 5hp mod!

2 Likes

Test-fitting new Martin Offroad rack just in time to pull the GFC for the winter. The 2.6 gallon Wavians fit well. Install will likely have to wait till the spring.

10 Likes

@Ronmastas Is the app Shapr3D?

1 Like

@tuckjack, That it is! Scaniverse for LIDAR and Shapr3D for CAD. I’m impressed with this low-cost solution for what it is.

1 Like

@Ronmastas Thanks for the info on the LIDAR app. I was wondering what you used on that front.