What have you done to your GFC this week

I reworked my camper burner; moving my cup holder to a handier position. I also added a bear spray holder to my frame. Link to where I it bought below.

UDAP Men’s Geta Grip Bear Spray Mount | Sportsman’s Warehouse UDAP Men's Geta Grip Bear Spray Mount | Sportsman's Warehouse

Peace.

3 Likes

HAHHAHA oh I get it. I’m stoked to try out this CAST touring system this winter. I’m a huge Look fanboy. Finally I can have a tech binding and downhill binding.

4 Likes

@Dignon, I put some on a pair of wildcats and have been happy with them.

1 Like

Added to urban camo motif with vinyl 18"x36" numbers from lettering.com I can camp anywhere if I set out a couple orange cones. I’m thinking about getting some wig wags… I can’t figure out why people call it “the dog catcher” :thinking:

6 Likes

I’m curious about your burner holder… please let me know what you going on there

I got a pair last winter, they’re great. Having the pivots for the ride down is a game changer on the techy bits. Enjoy :call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

1 Like

Not sure I understand your question. Are you asking about how I built it or why in the name of Zeus I’d build this in the first place? I’m happy to elaborate. It remains only minimally tested.

Peace.

I know why Zeus would need it. is it bolted to the bed? share more pics it looks like a home depot build to me. some 1/2’ nipples and elbows with a couple flanges and a pvc connector just big enough to hold a propane tank?

what I’m wondering is why in Zeus didn’t I think of it?

Ha! You’re exactly correct. Home depot…

It is constructed of pipes with elbows. Its bolted to the bed using some nylon or plastic conduit straps that fit the pipe. I had to drill 6 holes in the bedside. The propane tank holder is a PVC or similar material pipe cap; 4" I think. I used a threaded pipe flange to attach the pipe cap.

The cup and cup holder is a bicycle handlebar coffee mug setup that I initially attached to the pipe, but recently modified to attach to the pipe cap so it was easier to access. The actual coffee cup ring detaches to make storage easier.

There are additional photos of the original build with a view of the bed attachment if you scroll up in this thread. 10/19/22

R&D is ongoing…
I like that I can stow the setup away when not in use and the elbowed part spins up against the bedside.
I don’t love how tall the propane tank setup ended up being, but it was an easy way to modify what I already had to provide a way to make coffee wthout having to leave the camper. It works fine for heating coffee water.
I may also use the propane holder for other cups if that turns out to be handy.

I use adjustable straps to hold the tailgate and rear camper door partially open to vent air when using the burner. That setup is a little ghetto, but I haven’t thought of a better way to achieve that yet.

I’m that guy who has no idea what I need, just an idea of what I want to build. I just walked around HD with my propane tank looking for whatever would work.

Peace.

2 Likes

Planned on adding the same thing to my build (4701). I dig it.

1 Like

:point_left:FYI that dog nose is Zeus

…nothing strange about walking home depot putting together something that resembles a pipe bomb… I felt strange 1 day putting together pipes to make homemade tanker cars for the G scale train in the backyard

Got motivated by @Dignon and finally got some ski attachment setup. Picked these up off the local classifieds for $50. Now keeping my fingers crossed that I don’t fall and split my head open while getting skis down from up there.

6 Likes

I didn’t know they made an way to attach it right to the t-slot. Are those Thule? One of my buttons is broken; but I’ll make it work.

1 Like

They look like Thule to me but they have a Honda symbol on them. You just have to look for some with a flat bottom that are meant to be flush mounted then it was just a matter of some Home Depot 1/4-20 hardware.

That Salt Lake City view is impossible to beat. We live a pretty rad place :wink:

4 Likes

Well shoot, looks like I got me a project when I get to camp tomorrow somewhere around Whistler/Pemberton area. Mine are designed to be flush mounted as well I bet. I just have the bar clamp on it. Probably just a matter of taking that off and getting the hardware which I already have for my 1020 bars.

2 Likes

Are thouse 4FRNT skis?
Love their skis!

No, they are Moment skis.

2 Likes

let me know what you think of that. I’ve been hesitant to put ski clamps on the top because it’s so much of a climb to get the skis up and down. I’m also looking for suggestions for what others who have a short-bed truck have done for ski storage. My skis are 185-189 so they don’t fit in a 5.5 ft bed.

Will do. I’ve got a short bed as well and the skis never fit very well and they were damaging the interior build out that I have. I think this will be better but probably a pain in the ass at times to get them up or down. I did some practice attempts last night and it’s not too bad standing on the tire but I’m fairly sure I’ll end up putting some new scratches in the side of my truck doing it.

1 Like