What have you done to your GFC this week

The channels are built in…. All plug and play… just thread the paracord through and Bob’s your uncle

1 Like

I bought the same curtain as @OverlandKyle and it has channels top & bottom. All you got to do is thread some cord through. One of the easiest mods ever!

1 Like

Added a urinal now that it’s winter.

7 Likes

Built and wired in some DC power into my truck bed to power my fridge or any 12V accessory and charge phones or any USB accessory. Just tapped into the 7 pin trailer harness for constant 30 amp fused 12V power with the harness extension below to wire to the Accessory panel. The box was an extra electronic project box I had laying around. I may mount the panel direct to the side wall of the truck bed, but I was trying to avoid cutting into the bed.
LEQUDUO 56070 7-Foot 7-Pin Trailer Wiring Harness Extension

Blue Sea Systems 4366 Water-Resistant Accessory Panel with Circuit Breaker, 12V Socket, Dual USB Charger, Mini Voltmeter

1 Like

Excellent! Ordered :slight_smile:

Nice! Are you having any issues with your fridge powering off?

No issues with the fridge powering off. I wired it to constant 12V power so I’m good unless my battery dies. For multi day trips I’m powering it off a Bluetti EB70S power station so I preserve the truck battery. I just wanted the option to power it in the bed for shorter trips.

1 Like

How is the draw on the Bluetti? I have the same and love it so far but I havent got a fridge yet but it is on the list.

Nice! Good idea. I was having issues with 12V power from the engine bay, fridge would shut off. I assume it was due to the gauge wire. I purchased the ARB fridge harness, which is 8 gauge wire, it works perfect now.

I have the Iceco VL45Pro and the EB70S lasted exactly 6 days on my trip to pickup my GFC from 11-18-2022 to 11-24-2022. I had it plugged into my internal cigarette power with the idea it would get charged while I drove, but because my 2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2 has a wonky battery charging algorithm to conserve gas it barely charged my EB70S while driving (long story lol). Keep in mind the outside temperatures were below freezing alot of the time so the fridge compressor didn’t kick on as much as it will in the summer so I’ll have to see how long it lasts then. There are several YouTube videos that show this fridge requires around 10W average after the initial cooling with the ambient temperature being 75ºF. If that’s true then this 716wh battery should last roughly 60 hours (716wh * 85% eff / 10w) Oh and the EB70S also won’t charge below 32ºF which I can confirm :slight_smile: It will still power devices down to -4ºF according to the manual, but it never got that cold for me.

1 Like

I bet that’s true with smaller gauge wire. The trailer wires are pretty beefy and fused at 30Amps. I’ll have to look again, but it may be 8 AWG so maybe I got lucky :slight_smile: Not sure about the ARB fridge, but my Iceco has 3 battery voltage shut-off levels I can select. It’s currently set for the highest level. Complete disclosure…I haven’t tried the fridge powered here for longer than a few minutes so I’ll definitely keep my eyes open to see if it has any issues now that you’ve said this.

Gotcha! Yeah, run it for a bit. I also have the battery shut off levels and keep it at the highest. I want to get a dual battery setup so I can just leave it plugged in with no worries. Right now, once I park, I switch to the jackery.

1 Like

Slapped on a molle panel and some goodies on it, also a Hardkor lighting kit.

5 Likes

Made a quick lock when inside my V1 Camper. Went to REI and bought this NITE IZE kit(link below). Carabineer clips into the 2 factory holes on the rear panel, tie a knot on the chassis, and made a truckers hitch to carabineer, EXCEPT, no need to tie it on the end, carabineer has a serrated hook to grab. Very easily to use and only cost me $11.50.
https://www.rei.com/product/783074/nite-ize-figure-9-carabiner-rope-tightener-with-35mm-cord-package-of-2.
-Ron

2 Likes

Not sure if josh edgar is still making the hatch latch, but i have those on my v1 and i love them. @jedgar

Peace.

1 Like

It wasn’t available anymore when I looked a while back. Glad to hear your positive review regardless!
-Ron

Honestly, that is wildly impressive! A lot of the fridges I’ve looked at are about 40w an hour but depending on cycling on and off use 1/4 to 1/3 of that so your #s make sense to me.

I do agree with you that the cold outside temp 100% played a big factor in that. I got mine in October and have mostly been using it for my diesel heater so far. It rocks! I just used it for 3 days in Wyoming for probably 5-6 hrs each day. On low heater was drawing 6w on medium about 11w.

Thanks for the input!

1 Like

Scored some Thule ski racks for $100 shipped to my place off FB marketplace :metal:
Three less things I need to take out of the box when I winter camp (3 x skis).

Now I just need to mount them on the truck…but um…it’s currently….

5 Likes

Just change the settings to F* and it’ll feel a bit warmer…. Mind over matter!

6 Likes

Nice Looking bindings…I’m sure you get the pun there.

1 Like