What have you done to your GFC this week

How did it do on removing moisture? I’ve always thought that being able to have an opening at the top like that would be ideal.

Really good, I have been using just a bottle for a while but when winds come up it will knock it loose so I made something to stop that from happening. I usually open a front window that is into the wind a little and then have this on the opposite corner.

It’s not perfect and I am sure the fans people have installed work better but I don’t want a fan in the roof

1 Like

@ScottH https://forum.gofastcampers.com/uploads/default/optimized/2X/f/f1a4b3e2ac34e644093a85cab6fe8af405bc7cca_2_1332x1000.jpeg

I use a magnet mounted usb fan. I don’t want a roof fan either. Works well.

Peace.

1 Like

Interesting approach to venting. How well does it work?

I installed this for heating coffee water on those inclement mornings when I’d rather not exit the camper.

I don’t plan to do any cooking on this contraption, only heating water in a teapot-style vessel. I have a separate 2 burner stove for cooking duties.

I use a pour over style coffee maker so the cup holder will be clutch to avoid spills and enable me to pour without holding the cup.

The base will stay in place, but the propane holder can be easily unscrewed if needed.

I think the propane holder will suffice as a beer holder after lunch… We’ll see how it works for that.

Peace.

4 Likes

Here’s a photo with the floor tarp pulled back. I attached it to the truck bed. That maybe wasn’t obvious from the other photos.

Peace.

2 Likes

This is cool. Nice work

I need one of those, so i can run my heater into the tent, instead of through the bed. Think you could print it?

Word of caution: I’d verify 3D Printed fillament in a hot environment for off-gassing of toxic fumes.

-Ron

4 Likes

Yeah, I wouldn’t do a 3d printed connection for the heat end

That vent looks very interesting…is that a DIY product or do you have a source for them? Seems that could help quite a bit with condensation.

It was getting harder and harder to live in the camper as I’ve accumulated stuff that’s essential for living and that takes up all the foot space in the bed so I decided to pull the trigger on a rear seat delete and transfer most of the stuff over so I can get some space back…. A bit spendy but the quality is top-notch

It’s amazing how much space you get by getting rid of the seat cushions

11 Likes

That looks sick! I’ve been thinking of building my own 1/3 seat delete in my Ram. The other two spots (middle, passenger) are reserved for booster and car seats for now.

But I agree, I think you can gain significant storage space by removing the seats.

1 Like

Modified my antenna. :thinking:

7 Likes

Looks like you just made it more aero.

2 Likes

I mounted some chalk bags in the back of the Tacoma today to use as drink holders and a convenient spot to stash ski wax, small tools, and other small items. I modified some weld on nuts so I can mount them easily i between the GFC mounts.

7 Likes

Cleaned up the external cable routing for my solar with @shitco cable clamps. A couple doubles and some singles got my sh*t cleaned up.

5 Likes

Is there a flux capacitor somewhere in there as well? :slight_smile:

Got a set of the Ironman4x4 area lights as part of their Black Friday sale and installed a permanent mount on the side of the GFC that screws in the telescoping 10 foot pole as needed…. This thing throws out some serious light!

1 Like

Do those curtains you linked from Amazon have the channel for the bungy on the top and bottom? Or did you have to do some sewing?