What have you done to your GFC this week

Used a Seaview cable gland to run my solar wiring into the bed. So far no leaks.

1 Like

There’s the link.

Selling these bad boys???

I will be! To be upfront though, they CF Nylon aren’t going to be as cheap as handles you can probably find on Amazon that will “do the job”, but I’m going to sell a version made in PETG also that should be cheaper and handle the weather just fine. I’ll be selling them as a single or a 3 pack.

1 Like

PLease let me know when! i would love three and to support ya!

Here you go!

Panel Handles

This weekend we installed the MattGecko LED kit and built a custom box to house the wiring & outlets for all power needs.

The powerbox 135+ is a smart LiPO4 unit currently in a plastic waterproof box. We use Anderson connectors to quickly remove the power box when needed. Long-term we may hide the battery underneath the Decked system & relocate the 12v accessory box. This works for now!

The LEDs, dometic port, multiple CLAs, multiple USB, USB-C and the standard inverter 120 jacks all run from the powerbox. The RedArc unit manages dc-dc and solar charging. It’s really quite amazing.

3 Likes

Not this week but overall.

20220830_180248

The platform and slide containers were the best thing I’ve done to the 5 foot bed truck. Creates tons more usable flat space (no wheel wells) for the truck and allows me to keep things 24/7 in the truck in those bins.

7 Likes

I like this. Any more details on how you made the platform? Thickness/type of wood? What kind of carpet on top? How you secured carpet to wood?

I was going to build a half drawer system for my kitchen stuff next winter but thinking about doin something like this till then.

Thanks.

I need the bed rug. How have you liked it and is it easy to remove if needed to be cleaned/dried?

1 Like

@babyyota The full bed rug looks so nice. I have just the rug for the bottom of the bed and I regret not getting the full thing!

Got the baby awning mounted. OVS 270LTE. It’ll do fine for a season, better than what I had before (nothing)

3 Likes

I have the full bed from BedRug. They come as a two piece (at least mine did many years ago), that zip together. I leave the walls installed full time and just install/remove the floor as needed. Very easy, so much so that I don’t even zip the thing together when it’s in. I did remove the tailgate cover as it wouldn’t close with my bed seal, but don’t miss that piece.

1 Like

How are you securing the little “bench” seat in the back?

Interesting with the zipping. That makes it much easier to remove if needed. I was just curious about spraying it off at the car wash and air drying it if needed.

Finally installed my backwoods molle that came in about 2 months ago LOL

FYI for others who may want to do the same thing I did, this is the full no window molle, with a windowed GFC. Allows me to mount maxtrax in the future, but be able to “peep” out if I were to sense any frontal danger.

1 Like

Platform was home depot 3/4 plywood, cut to these dimensions. Simple Sleeping Platform: Cheap Works Great | Page 9 | Tacoma World

Carpet on top was a universal bed rug, cut to that size as well (my dogs like the cushioning of it vs just standard auto carpet). Secured via heavy duty double sided tape.

Below is more pics of it. First pic is the 2 back drawers slide out with my camp gear to the left, all cook to the right. The second pic is smaller bins up front. Left bin is random cook stuff, right side is spices, random camp stuff, and utilities.

3 Likes

I like 3/4" plywood because I like to overbuild structural components, but for anybody worried about weight or needing to maximize every available inch, you can easily do 1/2" plywood and be just fine when you’re using the center support. And with some intelligent cross bracing (e.g. 24-30" on center in a grid pattern), you can even do 1/4" for a platform and not worry about it. (source: am woodworker). For reference, my criteria is “no discernable bounce and no flex that would interfere with sliding drawers”.

Thanks @GFC! Got my newly updated intrusion kit done by Tru today. Great customer service and glad to see it done.

Lots of extra drain holes, nice thick weather sealing along the roof, new seals on each tent corner.

Appreciate your continued research to make a product better.

4 Likes

Got any pics of the updates? Looking forward to my appointment April 7th.