What have you done to your GFC this week

I run something similar, but sits on the wheel wells. The lip is key to keeping things in place. I also use milk crates for easy and sturdy organization.

got some uninvited guests on the GFC today:

2 Likes

Has anyone wrapped their panel before? would like to give mine some new life. Any insighton this?

very easy to do

4 Likes

any tips? Did you take the panels off? where did you buy the vinyl from? I got a quote from a shop here in Denver and was quoted $1100 for a solid color. Mine would be even more straight forward since i dont have a window.

For sure take the locks out!

1 Like

I ordered from Metro styling, (Urban Camo Vinyl Wrap: Free Shipping $99+ | Metro Restyling). I did not take off the panels. Had one other person help me. It is not a professional perfect job but it is pretty good and it did what I wanted it to do which was reduce the heat on black in centeral texas. I think I spent $150 of material. I did not take the locks out but it is not a bad idea.

1 Like

If I were doing mine, I’d take the locks, windows(you said you don’t have any though), and the brake light off. Order enough material and size so the each panel can be covered by a single sheet, then cut the holes needed for the locks and brake light so that you can wrap the material into holes so you don’t get any peeling.

1 Like

I just cut an X above the locks as the film was being applied. I was short on the amount I ordered so the back is pieced together in a few spots

The Bowen Bed is :white_check_mark:

17 Likes

Damn dude

1 Like

Now that is sick

2 Likes

Would love a walk around showing the details. Looks amazing.

1 Like

Aww! What did you end up doing with this little critter?

i let them be lol
later on when i went out to throw trash they were gone… but left a bunch of poop on the camper and on the paint

Dang!

Installed SumoSprings Rear kit
Installed CaliRaised Cat Shields
Installed ARB Driveshaft Mount Spacer
Installed Rebuilt Used Toytec Rear Shocks
Installed 3rd Set Of Dobinson Greasable Bolts For Leaf Pack
Installed Terra Quest Off-Road Kent 2.0 Rear Storage System
Installed Terra Quest Off-Road Rear Seat Delete
Installed Total Chaos Bed Stiffeners

12 Likes

i slept in my GFC because power went out and the house was still scorching hot at midnight.

2 Likes

Installed the new hest and went for a 5 day central coast camping, fishing trip with my family. Amazing, can now sleep as comfy as at home in my gfc. So plush and firm, i fall asleep in a matter of minutes now.

Also, cleaned out my fridge for the first time a while, had bait leak a little juice inside. Holy cow, you wont believe the stuff you find in the drain holes, yuck.

Is this 1/2” plywood on the top? Do you think that has enough strength to support sitting on it?