What have you done to your GFC this week

100% you can sit and stand on it.

Frame can support 1500lb horizontally.

They said you could prolly jump on the top panels without issue. I don’t see this being a realistic test though so I wouldn’t ever do it.

The frame is built horizontal over verticals . That would take some force

I really like this.

Is it staying on? If not–or if a decision was ever made to remove it–how much of a mess are we talking about?

it is staying on the camper and has colors to match, white, gray or black truck as well. If you want to take it off it is pretty easy.

loaded up the camper for a 2 months long trip from SoCal to Alaska, and then to Tuktoyaktuk, NWT and then hopefully hit the 4 national parks in Alberta before crossing border back to US and visit Glacier, Yellowstone, Grand Teton and perhaps stop by GFC HQ!

8 Likes

I love the storage; great inspiration for my 8020 erector set.

1 Like

Put together some organization for the bed over the last couple of weekends. I had already made a 40% bed plate that I have the fridge slider mounted to.

And I got to finally use my @jedgar (no longer made) Goal Zero battery holder!

6 Likes

I finally made a headliner. Wanted it a little different, so Amazon to the rescue.

600 “artificial” stars

Finished! :dizzy:

18 Likes

Man, that’s amazing. Reminds me of this option Rolls Royce offers.

1 Like

Also, can you link me to the net you have installed towards the hinge?

Yep! That’s where I got the idea. Amazon has lots of kits to do exactly that.

It’s this net. I cut off the factory clips and added smaller ones at the corners. They clip into some d-rings on the track.

2 Likes

Lol, yeah, I’ve purchased 2 so far and the sizing was not great once they stretch out. Yours looks perfect.

FYI. I have the full size GFC. So it may be too big if you have a Tacoma or similar.

Dang that is the most baller camper headliner ever! Did you make it match the night sky over Montana the day you bought your GFC?

1 Like

Haha! It’s actually pretty hard to make something look “Random”. I added a few spirals, big and littler dippers and Orion’s Belt. Originally, I was going to project the Milky Way onto it and try to match it up, but in the end I just free-styled it.

My wife recommended to put the bright cluster down so it’s not shining in our eyes. The storage pouch is attached with Velcro so it can be removed for the full experience!

2 Likes

We need a “Best Mod” award that we can vote on. This would be hard to beat.

4 Likes

Picked up the GFC for our Chevy Colorado on July 6th. Had some time to install a few accessories over the weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBscCC08x6U

3 Likes

Just saw your post. How did you attach the to the top?
How did you reinforce the Polly Panel?