What have you done to your GFC this week

LED strip lights and lots of electrical hook up. Some ideas from @julian Getting ready for a fishing trip in Montana so getting dialed! Also put in a bed sealer. Always get so dam dusty back there being a carpenter and camping. I mean whatever it’s a truck but trying to keep it somewhat clean to chill in.

sck there

6 Likes

Added curtains to the rear window thanks to a couple nice ladies at a small quilting shop. $35 later, drill a couple small holes and run 550 cord.

16 Likes

Hey man, I’m curious about the process you mentioned for sealing the bed of the Jeep Gladiator?

Mounted some @jedgar drip rails onto the V2. Was a bit concerned with clearance as I have a modified Prinsu Habitat rack. After installation, as you can see, there is plenty of room.

2 Likes

Got the panel in today. Lightning speed with this powdercoat guy I have locally. Bumper and panel back in 2 days.

19 Likes

Sprayed the tent with permethrin as this is my first weekend in a while where I can just leave the tent up in the driveway to dry… also it’s big season people.

1 Like

Added new rear camera because I couldn’t see shit out of the factory one due to my CBI swing outs. Gonna take some getting used to. Camera was from TailgateCamera with factory/oem plug. Also have anytime backup camera mod to finish.

9 Likes

I’ve been thinking about relocating my backup camera to a similar spot. Any tips on wire routing and mounting?

1 Like

I used a dremel and put a notch in the 3rd brake light. Wired through the same hole as that wiring and then across the top to the passenger side then down and through the bed. I haven’t sealed it up yet. Time will tell.

2 Likes

Nice, thanks. Good move to use the existing wiring hole.

Not my Idea original post ??? I forget but its a great upgrade , Southco makes these same company that GFC is using but much better.

19 Likes

This is the true solution! Not to mention it looks great.

1 Like

Here is a link Z member that did the original post he lists all the parts I ordered directly from Southco cost was $125
Took me 15 minutes per side with a hand file turns out the outside diameter of the existing latch is a good template for the new one.

2 Likes

Jcknapp74 -

I like that “panelled” wood. Makes it look better than just plywood. Going to have to look for some of that to finish my build out.

Robjob -
And here I was getting velcro already to use for a curtain, instead of reaching for my drill and miles of parachute cord I’ve accumulated over the years. Def going to do this now for my rear hatch window!

1 Like

This looks great! Any more pictures of what the inside construction looks like? Thanks

Yoooooo I’m new to the forum but I just recently bought my v2 for my 2nd gen 6 spd dcsb built out this slider with some materials sourced from my local scrapyard. I found the sliders at my local hardwood supply store. looking forward to sharing more of my gfc journey here but most of the build is on ig @jordanstagram

9 Likes

Can I come with you to your local scrapyard next time plz?

2 Likes

Yeah dude lol. If you’re in the Orange County, check them out. The place is called Unicorn Metal Sales
Everything is priced by weight and material type.

2 Likes

Finished a simple shelf for cooler, seat and extra storage underneath. Poplar with mitered edges (at the insistence of my dad). Feels incredibly strong

14 Likes