Zayne’s 2017 TRD Pro Build

Interesting. What does your grille look like when your air compress isn’t in use? (specifically in that area)

I ended up moving the quick connect back inside the hood last weekend.
Was too worried some hood rat would try to break it off or something.
But here’s how it looked… Air compressor is still there just moved the chuck back under the hood.

1 Like

Installed the Off-Grid Engineering dual/split battery setup this afternoon.
This should help with running the Dometic fridge and Maxxfan in the Go Fast Camper.

I choose to keep my group 31M as my start battery that I already had and added a Group 24M to the passenger side.
Might switch start battery location in the future so the larger Ah battery is my AUX but this should work for now. I can always link them if I need a little more juice.

Overall very happy with this kit from OGE.
Took me about 1.5hr to install.

On another note: Who’s going to Expo East next week?

I plan to be there at Expo East camping on site. Hoping you’ll show me your truck and camper since I’m still waiting on mine and have never physically seen a GFC.

1 Like

Awesome. We’ll be camping in the “Overland Experience” camping section. Stop by. I have some stickers to give away. We’ll have the Aussie Pup Sioux with us.

Some more waterport photos.

Thinking about getting the 11 gallon Front Runner water tank instead of the waterport and doing the same thing on it with the regulator.

Only because it holds more water, has brass threaded bushing instead of just threaded plastic like the Waterport has.

No sure if the Front Runner tank is made for any pressure though. I’ll have to look into that further.

5 Likes

Test fitted a single drawer system I’m having a local woodworking friend build for me since I don’t have the proper tools or place to work on it at this time.
Also went for a nice fall hike with the pup and took the DSLR along.

5 Likes

Drawer is complete and couldn’t be happier.
Well worth the total $650 spent in materials and to have it built by someone else. Super happy!
We re-purposed a early model mountain hatch that broke (they replaced free of charge) into the dividers and small cutting board. image|666x500

8 Likes

I like what you did with the dividers. Different slot options to make the compartments bigger or smaller, nice work!

1 Like

what is the material you are using on the bed beside of the drawer? it all looks good!

3/4” plywood painted with Herculiner

Oh. You’re talking about the Bed Rug I think.

yep, thanks! so that is a bedrug. it looks nice and thick.

Yeah it’s just the bed rug mat. I cut it in half for the drawer, lol.
I’ve owned two other trucks that had full bed rugs and they have been great. They give the bed a little insulation, easy to clean, keep things from sliding around and getting scratched up, hold up great and offer some good padding for your knees when crawling around the bed.

1 Like

:champagne::beers:One more little necessity added, haha.

6 Likes

All systems ready for take off. :small_airplane:

7 Likes

Installed the DFG Off-road fridge slide for my baby Dometic CFX-28 fridge today.
Still waiting for my Dometic Hardware Plug Kit I ordered from them like 3 weeks ago to install on the passenger side for the fridge power.

4 Likes

Your build out is looking really good. The DFG slides work well. I’m very happy with the DFG tilting slide I have.

1 Like

Thanks man! I opted to save money and not get the tilt option. Didn’t think I’d need it since we’re tall and the tailgate is at my knees. Haha.

@2ayne nice build! Here is my birch setup that I had a local woodworking shop make up. I used high molecular weight tape for friction reduction and they are easy to slide even with 50+ pounds in the bottom one. 12" tall on the bottom and 8" tall up top. My Dometic CFX-75 Dual Zone is on a Dometic slide on the left with a full “parcel shelf” up top. I won’t have the drivers side toolbox on my GFC that the topper has and have my Costway portable hot water shower in that grey bag up there, my Grill with two small strips of heavy duty velcro on the legs to secure it down, works amazing. I have a Colorado ZR2 Bison, 5" bed. Drawers are full length.

2 Likes