Headliner thoughts

Totally.
I mean, if someone wants to purchase a whole roll, I’d happily buy enough for my GFC from whomever makes the up front purchase.

I actually talked to a guy recently who wrapped the inside of the rood. Said he removed the roof panel to have the wrap installed (so it wouldn’t have to be applied upside down on your back). Not sure if this is frowned upon by GFC, but I’ve seen a couple people on this forum mention removing the roof panel is fairly easy.

If that’s the case, I would definitely apply the vinyl wrap myself.

Here is a link to the thread that has a GFC video linked showing removal or the roof and tent material. Not terribly scary (in my opinion).

1 Like

That doesn’t look too bad at all

Well, I did it. I removed the roof following GFC’s video on how to replace a tent. I didn’t have a spot big enough to lay the roof on, so I covered my bed with an old sheet and got to work…

5 Likes

I am EXTREMELY happy with the way it turned out! I have never messed with vinyl before, and all I used was patience and a winter glove for smoothing. I didn’t even have a heat gun. There’s very small creases here and there, but you can barely see them in the tent unless you are searching for them.

I didn’t expect it to come out perfect, but I didn’t expect it to come out this good either :joy:

10 Likes

Woah well done

1 Like

Thank you!

Right on! That came out great, and looks good with the tangerine yellow.

1 Like

I think so too!

Great work!!

1 Like

That looks great, nicely done! Glad removing the roof panel ended up working out for you.

1 Like

I couldn’t even imagine trying to apply that vinyl while it was still on the tent. That would have been a nightmare.

1 Like

Added LEDs to the ceiling. I 100% recommend adding vinyl. Even sitting in the sun all day, the ceiling was cool to the touch.

5 Likes

It looks really good. You can’t see any imperfections in the photos.

I like the light coming through my tent roof but it does look kinda dingy compared to this.

Good job.

1 Like

I appreciate it! Yeah, the black ceiling makes it look more expensive lol

Can you link which vinyl you got?
Thanks!

VViViD Satin Flat Matte Stealth Jet Black Vinyl Wrap Roll with Air Release Technology (8ft x 5ft) https://a.co/d/foyZTmx

I plan on wrapping mine in an outdoor carpet. The vinyl looks great but one knick and my OCD would be off the charts with seeing the light. I also think the carpet will help with the condensation issue at hand. My old CVT MT hood had it and it helped out a ton!

1 Like