JE Design & Fabrication GFC accessories

Nothing now, but that’s why I need more free time!!

3 Likes

Have you put any thought into a V2 rear awning mount for a 4’ x 8’ (w x l)?

Self serving request LOL

Some stuff like this is difficult without a V2 to work off of. Bummed they changed it but stoked for everyone who has/or is getting one!

2 Likes

As some of you know I have been toying with the idea of selling my GFC. I think it is an awesome camper, I just like changing things up with my truck, and have a growing family and am going to go another direction until they are a bit older. I put the GFC up for sale and it sold locally within hours for my asking price.

This may be more info than anyone cares to know, but I don’t want anyone to feel misled and I always appreciate transparency when I am buying something or asking for advice. I am going to keep making stuff and if anything new makes sense for the GFC market I’ll post it up here for sure (thinking some bed rail related stuff).

Thanks for all the support and I plan to stay active on the forum - Josh

21 Likes

Damn! Well the community will most definitely miss your work. Gotta scoop up whatever you have left before they sell out! Thank you for all that youve done!

2 Likes

Best of luck to you sir. The GFC community will miss your problem solving creativity.

Peace.

3 Likes

I just ordered one of your step ups. Thanks for all your work!

1 Like

Regardless your still my hero! We need to connect at some point on the trail Brother!

1 Like

Ha! Thanks man! Lets make it happen.

In the last week I have had an issue come up with the TentLocks and inconsistencies in how GFC built campers/tents. For some campers the threaded hole for the locking pin is drilled very close to the outside making it so there is not enough clearance for the knob. I do not know if this is an issue before a set build number, but the campers that have has the issue were in the 70’s and 360’s. If your camper looks like the image below the TentLock will NOT work unfortunately. I have another batch of locks coming in mid-August so hopefully people can catch it before they order. If you end up with this issue I am happy to give a full refund and I’ll mail you a return shipping label as well. Thanks all.

2 Likes

another update on the TentLocks…

It seems like the above issue is on quite a few more campers than I originally thought. These camper inconsistencies combined with these knobs being such a pain for me to source (was told this morning that they may not come till September now!) I am going to stop producing this product. Thanks all and reach out if you have any questions/concerns.

2 Likes

Bummer that it’s so tough. mine works great and I am super psyched on it!

mine mostly works, but makes it far more difficult to close the camper.

For those whose ratcheting locks are too close to the edge… the TentLocks can be installed with a little drilling and tapping.

-Rest tent on block of wood to allow better access and angles to work

-Mark where you want the hole with 3D printed piece.

-Use screwdriver/punch to make a dent where you want to start hole

-Drill #7 hole for 1/4-20 tap (use drill stop or tape on bit so you don’t drill into extrusion)
-Tap threads and install.

Note: After drilling my first hole I wasn’t pleased with how square/plumb the hole was. It was slightly off angle resulting in the TentLock not being flush when tightened. So I drilled a small block of wood on my drill press to use as a drill guide. I rotated the cylinder 90° and drilled a new hole with the guide and it was much nicer!

Let me know if you have any questions.

2 Likes

Thats awesome! Nice work on making it work and making your GFC better!

Nice job on the write up and pictures. Tent locks are awesome.

Mine works great and I really like it. Makes my camper more secure. Glad I got mine when I did.

Peace.

Just stopping by to share photos of the GFC MagSpots (4x) and GFC HighMounts (2x – one on either side) that I dropped into my V2 GFC.

Note: In case you were wondering—the GFC MagSpots clear VRNCLR Sewn Storage’s V2 Frame Bags with ease.

My GFC DripRails were shipped to my home in CA and will be dropped in once I return🤘

Thanks, Josh!

1 Like

Just saw that drip rails came out last week… did i miss that drop?

Nope! More powdercoat delays but hoping this week!

3 Likes