Weboost Mount

I wasn’t really sure where to put this as it’s a work in progress. I have been modeling and making some things for my truck and camper. And some of them I’ve actually had milled out of aluminum. My cousin is a machinist and he will throw small things on for me on the weekend (Super lucky there)

This is something that isn’t entirely specific to my truck but something I thought the group at large would be interested in. This is the first rough, I’ve already got a V2 in the works that will be two pieces to bolt together to keep costs down. I’m curious if there is an interest from any of you and if so, what would you pay for it? If I have enough people I can setup a run to at least cover costs and maybe by myself a cheeseburger at first.

The antenna Weboost mount could be mounted either front/back or side/side. I was going to mount it on the Beef Rack Bar (and may still temporally) but I thought if I built a mount like this it would be lower profile. And could actually hide behind a Beef Rack Bar or other rack.

4 Likes

If I had the weboost overland mounting bracket I would be very interested in this product. Weboost charges $120 for the bracket by itself so I would think less than that.

Great idea by the way. I think you might also have interest in a mount for the starlink antenna if you have access to model that one. I don’t have starlink I’ve just seen a couple builds posted where they drilled through the roof to mount it (which is fine but I bet there are people that don’t want to do that).

Edit: I think I was thinking of this cool DIY that actually uses aluminum angle and doesn’t penetrate the roof.

2 Likes

Yours looks great and I agree with the post above that this type of bracket can be of use for multiple items without having to make any permanent mods.

I have a neighbor that runs a fab shop and he cut and bent this piece of aluminum for me. Same concept. Ignore the comically long bolts as those are what I had laying around that fit.

1 Like

Can’t believe WeBoost charges that much just for the mount. Overland tax!

Well, my cousin is going to machine one for me. The angle aluminum seems to do the trick! But I’m going to go with my overbuilt one because I can.

Ok, I’ve got the aluminum versions. I might make a mount for the stabilizer part if there is interest.

Going to take the leap and get them anodized and for sale if people are interested.

5 Likes

I’d take one (even as is). How much?

Nice & clean. I like it.

1 Like

@Buhlockaye

1 Like

Hawt!

1 Like

$80 raw? I’m still waiting on my quote for anodizing so haven’t really priced them out to the end.

1 Like

I’d be interested in one of these as well.

I am interested in one.

I’m checking with my annodizer tomorrow. As soon as he gets them back to me I’ll get them posted for sale!

2 Likes

They are back from Anno. I’ll take pictures today and turn on the store. I have 5 right now.
These are machined from a block, and hand tapped for the mount holes aligned with the WeBoost mount.

$95 - Includes

• The mount
  • 4 bolts and stainless washers to connect the WeBoost mount
  • 15 Wire clips

You will want to get a T-Nut set from GFC or GZilla to connect. It didn’t make sense for me to order those, pay shipping, then pass that along to you. Some people have spares laying around.

I need to run them in batches of 10 or I’m in the hole. Should I design a mount for the brace? Are people interested in the combo?

(picture of the brace I mentioned)

1 Like

Ok, I was setting up a store and to do everything I’d like to do, I’m not sure if it’s worth it until I get more momentum.

So, I have 5 of these available for sale. I’d like to get $95 + shipping. If I get a lot of interest I’ll get a store setup and setup production with the machinist.

Here are the current pictures!

6 Likes

How do I buyyyyyyyy

1 Like

Good Question!

I can do PayPal or Venmo. I’ll send you a message. For anyone else interested send me a message and we’ll coordinate. If I get more than 5 buyers I’ll get another 10 done ASAP.

I should probably start a clean thread?

Here’s what’s included:

• Booster Antenna Platform (needs a name right?)
  • Mounting bolts and washers to connect the WeBoost Overland Mount
  • 15 Wire Clips (see picture below)

What you need:

• Get some GFC Track nuts. The 1/4-20 ones Link Here
  • WeBoost Overland Mount

Now, what I haven’t designed or built is something to rest the antenna on when it’s down. I have a piece of 90 degree metal I’m going to zip tie the brace to for now. But if people want something I can design something. The other option is to pad a Beef Bar and lay the antenna mast on that and bungie it down.

Update!
I have a prototype for the Brace. (See post later this this thread) I printed a test one in PETG and I’m game to include one in the order for feedback. If people are happy with them I’ll look at a production run.