What have you done to your GFC this week

I’ve seen some water storage/faucet builds on here. I’m not fancy enough!

Same, but i’m going to give a try

Last weekend immediately after I return from my MT install trip I stopped at my friend’s place to install stabilizing brackets.

Before I got mine we had 2 GFCs in our group:

But the taco’s gone so now we’re down to 2 Rams with GFC.
Anyways, through our experiences with the Taco and the 2500, we found out that during high speed desert runs when going through whoops the rear end bucks around and momentum of this up and down travel shifts the camper. This is just physics and nothing we do to the suspension can prevent this bucking motion (the 2500 has Carli Dominator kit with Kings and proper leaf springs. the taco was on King and added-a-leaf, so not suspension issue) and as a result, the solution to camper shifting lies at the mating point between bed and camper.
The clamps GFC use are perfect. They keep the camper attached to the bed and prevents the left-right motion, however, there’s nothing that keeps the camper from moving forward and back along the bed. So we found some 90 degree brackets, drilled into the bed, and secure with nuts and bolts.

After a year’s of desert runs on the 2500 it’s proven this method solves the issue.

3 Likes

This past weekend:

made a temporary mounting plate for the switches and fuse block. These were all stuff I used with my bed rack and RTT setup. I’m waiting for the shop’s fabricator to order some metal plates so I can cut them to the size I need and then do the swap.

put the chase lights back on

installed some tent lights. These are truck bed led strips that I bought over a year ago but never used, that’s why there’s wire next to the right strip. I also thought I bought red leds and didn’t find out these are white till after I finished. Great!
Also installed cooking lights.

Cleaned up the electrical panel a bit.

Propane tank went back in too.

2 Likes

Going crazy trying to find that rain fly kit. Any tips would be hugely appreciated. That looks like a perfect set up.

@shittco on Instagram is who I got mine from - https://www.instagram.com/shittco/

There’s also GZilla which has a similar build out.

Then, you use the grommet kit that @jedgar awesomely put together - thread is here.

2 Likes

I went with GZilla as well. Pretty standard items, regardless of which you go with.

Moved into my truck full time, that’s what I did.

7 Likes

Dang that’s awesome! Enjoy the open road.

1 Like

6 Likes

Unnecessary, but super f’ing convenient and awesome! My dog wants it.

It’s lit!

4 Likes

How did you make that curtain kit!

1 Like

Yanked out the bed light kit I installed last week and gave it to my friend. Not clean enough and not the color I want. I went with RGBW this time instead with a controller. Now I can have it dance with music too.

Also redo the switch panel. First time fabricating so… not perfect but it will do

3 Likes

I’ve been quiet because I’m moving back north and have been doing all sorts of mods to the GFC to get it ready for winter living. This isn’t the GFC, but the support system is just as important.

I’ve got a ton of new projects that I’ll post as I get time.

• Snap-in tent insulation from rumpl blankets
  • External insulation on the GFC doors
  • Propex heater roof rack mount
2 Likes

Downstairs LED strip installed along with a second controller

Party mode is now active:
Click here for video

Also got the overland softgood sheets and foam mattress in

Starlink mount installed

4 Likes

@montanacollins @thebenlew Jeezus!! sorry for the wicked late reply. Wife works at a metal fab shop. Its 24"x30" 1/8" aluminum with rounded corners. The dimensions match my pull out drawers to store when not in use and act as a flat surface when the drawer is pulled out. drilled 2 holes in the front corner that I attach 2 carabiners that are tied off to nylon cording. The V1 has attach points that I have added:
Amazon.com: JCHL Tie Down Strap Rings Dirt Bike Stainless Steel Multi-Purpose Tie Down Anchor Strapping Hooks for Mounting in The Garage, Work Shop, Truck, Trailer, Golf Cart, Fence Black (10-Pack) : Automotive
The lines double as a clothesline when not using the table.

SmartSelect_20231121_083726_Chrome

Here’s the curtains I found from amazon that worked perfect! I originally tied these in as a temporary solution, but they turned out so well I just left them. I use silicone twist ties to keep them held back. For the back panel you’ll need a set of longer allen bolts to mount the hangers on the inside of the panel. All I used was 550 cord and the extent of my knot knowledge. I can send some detailed pics if ya want!

1 Like

Here’s how the rear curtains hang when the panel is open too

1 Like

sure please send some detailed pics! looking to copy your homework lol