What have you done to your GFC this week

Do these side panels open up for access from the exterior of the vehicle? Or are they fixed? I was thinking of doing something similar to the ceiling for a “molle”-type mounting system. Pretty cool.

they do not. i thought about hinges; maybe in the future. i basically never used those side panels for access. but now i can put things on both sides so maybe more reason to open them?

1 Like

Installed our Martin Offroad rack! Complete with Kitty Helper. :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

Mounted an OVS Nomadic LT with the billet style awning mounts. I had to alter the mounts because they weren’t tall enough to match up with the OVS mounting track.

Homestly, it was really annoying. If I had paid retail for the mounts I would have been pissed, but I got a good deal on the classifieds. I also identified the potential issue before I paid, so it’s on me as well.

1 Like

I’d be interested in seeing how you mounted those and routed cables

Here is a writeup. For wiring everything is tucked behind the t-track inside the extrusion. To get the wiring into the GFC I just drilled a hole from the backside into the extrusion.

modified a $15 amazon seatback molle thing into a bag to hang my starlink dishy for quick access to put on one of @keeganbuilds mounts.

gotta fill these gridwalls up with something :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

That’s awesome!

Hi looks good, I am thinking of getting one of these roof racks for Martin. What truck do you have?
what about drilling holes in the roof they are complicated.? thanks

Clean setup. I made a pretty crude case out of three Foam Kneeling Pads from Home Depot. I like your approach a lot better.

1 Like

Hi, we have a double cab short bed Tacoma.
We didn’t have to drill any holes in the truck. When you peel back the weather stripping on either side of the cab, there are points in that ‘rain gutter-looking section’ that are actually places you can screw the fastener bolts into and secure the rack.
I’ll find the instructions and post in a sec

So here are the instructions for the Foundation Camper Rack:
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5c4238737e3c3a284b1efdf0/t/62a3513bd2983b5c8d1e99ec/1654870333913/FOUNDATION+RACK+-+ASSEMBLY.pdf
@gmartin284 sent me this info for our short bed camper install (super helpful and responsive)
“Camper Rack will follow these same exact steps while only utilizing the front (6) mount locations along the cab, rather than all (10) for the full length rack…”

went camping by the river and woke up in the river.
we were at this spot before and we knew where we were was safe: there’s a “wall” just a bit over that blocks the current and the water is just slow moving overflow

3 Likes

not GFC, but hit a bird on the way to work the other day and it knocked out the “toyota” letters in my grille lol

1 Like

Are you selling these this is very nice. Best way to reuse the Yakima investment and more versatile.

I have that same light, i love that thing, it puts out so much at night it’s almost obnoxious lol. I tend to just use it in single side mode, and am able to run it almost the whole evening.

Camper officially went on to its new owner :call_me_hand:t4:

9 Likes

oh yeah when we’re not doing anything i leave it on single side low output mode.
I also leave it on like that the whole night so it’s easier for me to find my way home if i have to get up and relief myself in the middle of the night when not wearing glasses. Also it’s extra useful to be used as a beacon so other people know there’s a campsite there. sometimes when we camp in the desert other people tend to get too close

2 Likes

Ahh, just catching up now. Did i share my brackets already? if not, I’ll post the pics here. Custom metal clamp all day.

Oops :point_right:t3::point_left:t3:

1 Like