What have you done to your GFC this week

I drilled mine in the bed cubby and ran it out that way it isn’t a hole in your actual bed.

@pnwmountaineer Yeah, in my situation, mounting through the floor was the best option for a 1st gen Tacoma. I used a Webasto base mount flange I bought from Sure Marine. Combustion exhaust, intake(needs to be mounted outside), and fuel line are routed outside.

I used a 1" hole saw and drilled the 4x corners, then dremeled with a cutoff wheel. Excuse the cut quality, i ended up filing it smooth after.

Webasto base mount flange. It has a thick foam around the perimeter and seals with the bed floor having ribs. In addition, I also added RTV near the cut hole to stop moisture from collecting. Then, used HVAC tape so i can clean the bed easily without things catching on the flange edges.

3 Likes

Added a shore power plug to keep the Anker 767 charged

10 Likes

That is clean! Assuming you have slack on the inside still to fully open the side hatch?

Yep, plenty of length to fully open side

1 Like

Wood Stove Install:

19 Likes

Nice! What model stove? Looking at heating options and that looks pretty legit

@austinmac It’s the winnerwell nomad view medium.

3 Likes

So rad! I was wondering when someone was going to do this.

1 Like

12 Likes

I too would love to see some specs on this!!

Where did you get your zippers? And then how did you get them on?

Really like this idea, before cutting a hole in the top of the GoFast. I saw someone do this but there no longer on here. So love it if you could share some insite.

If I had been smart I would have gotten these

FixnZip (Medium, Nickel) - See Size Guide - Universal Zipper Repair Kit for Jackets, Luggage, Bags https://a.co/d/2ACiABZ

Size 8 zipper

I actually just got regular zipper pulls and opened up some seams, installed them and then sewed everything back up.

2 Likes

Size medium you think would work?
I got the size large and tried but couldn’t quick get the teeth to fully engage. Granted it was a half-assed attempt while it was 15 degrees outside, so maybe it was installer error.

1 Like

Unless the v2 have a smaller zipper than v1 it should be a #8 or large… might be worth just measuring your teeth.

I ordered some Go Fast Camper Flannel FITTED Sheets. stoked to get those puppies installed it should be a huge help when winter camping.

2 Likes

has this been helpful with noise while driving?

I made a grill/camp stove bag for quick grab and storage. 1st sewing project.

15 Likes

I replaced my 5-gallon water bottle with a Dometic Go Hydration Jug (11L). The optional $100 Dometic water faucet pump, sold separately, seemed overpriced, so I retrofitted my existing $12 water dispenser from the previous setup to work with it. I just needed to order the compatible quick disconnect fitting and a longer hose, which cost me $16 from Grainger. I ziptied it to mock it up, but it may just stay like that for a while. I am happy with the upgrade and it took me only 10 minutes to complete the project. The Dometic water jug seems more robust, easy to fill, and packages better than the 5-gallon cylindrical bottles that are commonly seen.

Build Of Materials:

• 1x Quick Disconnect Push Fitting to 1/4 barb, $2.12:Link
    Optional 90* fitting with shutoff that’s on backorder and hasn’t been verified. Link
  • 10ft Silicone Hose, 1/4 ID, Food/Beverage Compatible, $14.25 : Link
  • Pump, $13.99: Link
  • Dometic Go Hydration Jug, $69.99: Link
  • 2x Zipties
12 Likes

Checked to see if the skibike fits in without moving handlebars, check. The old ARE was too short for me to slide it in the bed whole.

9 Likes