JE Design & Fabrication GFC accessories

Dang, now I have another thing to buy, that faucet looks rad!

1 Like

@jedgar any thoughts in the future for developing some backup camera relocation brackets for us GfC owners with swing out tire carriers? One that mounts on the extrusion on the rear of the camper? You definitely have at least one Interested customer! Lol

Saw this on the gladiator forums.

1 Like

I did this myself using one of these:

3 Likes

I just drilled through the door. No mounts :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Could you post more pics of your water setup? Been trying to decide on the best way to go about mounting. Are you using the dometic water jug? Was hoping to use the faucet with a rotopax (11 liters with the dometic is more than I need to carry) and wasn’t sure about compatibility.

I can try to get one tomorrow but it’s really quite simple. I got 2 dometic jugs. A hose runs from a jug to the faucet that you see pictured mounted on the flat step that Josh made for me. So far the magnets have kept it on there, I drove a somewhat rough dirt road and it stayed put.

1 Like

The hose is how big in diameter? Do you know off hand? Thinking i might try and run it thru the breathing valve on my specter jerry can

@Medicfung I have the same faucet too. The hose is .36" outside diameter and I think .25" inside. The one it comes with is pretty short as the GO jug has an internal hose with a quick fitting in the cap. I got some longer hose at Ace Hardware and it was a standard size.

1 Like

Yeah, 1/4". Ran down to home depot to get some longer hose as well. The faucet comes with a couple of stick on bases, I put one on that flat mount and one on the tailgate and left the hose long enough to reach the tailgate, should come in handy when cooking dinner.

1 Like

Dang that is a great idea, I’m gonna have to borrow the tail gate trick, thanks!

Hi All,
That Dometic faucet looks very cool. I took the cheap route and bought a 12.99 unit off amazon and a few dollars of parts from Home Depot to attach to my 5 gal cube water containers. I can post some pictures if anyone it interested. Note it is not nearly as pretty.

3 Likes

I’d like to see that!

This was a quick and dirty setup I did night before leaving on a trip. The spigot on these jugs is 3/4" NPT into the cap and a 1 1/2" adapter just press fit on held on through some pretty rough terrain. Probably not necessary but I put the brass fitting on the bottom so my water did not go up into the PVC fittings. I have 2 jugs and switch between them.

The only downside is there is not a water volume adjustment so it uses must more water than needed most of the time. I don’t think Dometic has one either.

3 Likes

Josh can you look into something like this?

@SaltyRainey Did you see this post?

https://forum.gofastcampers.com/t/tent-lock-solution-for-the-v2/12641/23

Has some good ideas and a similar product offering. In my opinion the extra lock away from the normal opening latches is a pretty clumsy solution from a user experience standpoint. I think the @PDX_Keith solution is as dialed in as you can get until there is a way to utilize the original GFC lock.

2 Likes

Hey Josh, When you going to get the 10Rack Load Stops back in? Gotta stop this canoe from wondering around.

Hey @Dignon I should have them available by the mid to end of next week. I’ll send you a message when I do!

1 Like

I’ll for sure suspend the spending freeze to get those beauties. It’s crazy the rig actually gets better mileage when the canoe is on. I can assume because it creates a wind break before the camper. I’m like avg 16.5L/100km, but with the canoe on I can get it down to 15L/100km which is only slightly higher than the rig was pre-GFC.

Heading out on vacation so all orders placed from today on will be shipped on September 1st. Just wanted to give a heads up. :+1:

3 Likes

I have had a report of a few StepUp mounting bolts breaking. The included bolts are Grade 5 Medium Strength and the recommended torque spec is 76 in lbs. If you have any issues I am more than happy to replace them for you. Email me at josh@jedf.us if you have any concerns. Thanks everyone.

8 Likes